Saturday, December 4, 2010

Lucky.

I'm back in New York City.
I was pretty sad to leave home, and even sadder to be on a bus for 3 1/2 hours. But despite that, it gave me some time to just reflect. It sounds so lame, but I was watching the sun set (at 4:30pm, ugh) outside of the bus window, and I realized how happy I am. I am so lucky: Lucky to be alive, to have a great family, a wonderful significant other, to come from a great home town, and to hav a job. I think coming home this weekend rally humbled me and made me realize that I sometimes take things for granted. I really am a lucky girl. Spending time with my family members was amazing. They make me who I am.

On the bus, I was listening to Sufjan Stevens radio on Pandora. I swear, it was the soundtrack of my life.

I'm having a date night with myself tonight. Takeout (Indian food), movies, cuddling up in bed...Getting ready for my first night shift tomorrow night. Eek.

Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments: