Monday, December 6, 2010

Graveyard Shift.

I just finished my second night shift. I'm going back in in two hours to start all over again.

It was quieter, but not by much. By the end, I was drunk off of tiredness. My nurse manager came in at 8am and told me that I'm not supposed to be working nights until next week (even though I was on the schedule for nights, plain and clear). What a mix up, what a sad letdown to know that I could have had one more week of day shift glory. However, I am to continue on nights this week.

I'm going to Utah tomorrow night for the weekend. I can't wait. I'm pretty sure this is my fourth trip in three and a half months. I will be making a trip to see the Temple Square Christmas lights for the first time ever, so excited! I've heard it's beautiful.

I'm reading a new book, "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I have made it to page 65. It was on my list of "to-reads" but the library I go to never has the good books. I decided to look at the books on display, and much to my surprise a copy was available. Thanks, Kips Bay library. First time you have ever made me happy. What a dreary library it usually is. I found a quote in the book that I really like.
It reads "Cause that's what prayer do(es). It's like electricity, it keeps things going." I think I should remind myself that everyday. I don't pray nearly enough. Due to a recent tragic circumstance that happened in my home ward and then reading this the next day, it's reminding me that prayer is of importance and I tend to forget that. Both of these were reminders, one tragic and one uplifting. Needless to say, the family affected at home is in my prayers.

Anyway, off to work and the life of a grown up. Expect an update next week of Adventure #4 to Utah to see this one tall guy that I think I like a lot. A lot a lot.

No comments: