Sunday, December 26, 2010

Inception-isms

It's the day after Christmas.

There's a blizzard outside.

I took a picture of Kevin in the middle of a busy street right outside of our apartment, the Queens Midtown Tunnel Exit.

Guess we had dreamt of a a White Christmas one day late.
It's still snowing. Blizzard of 2010 in New York, NY.

Inception-- If you haven't seen the movie, it's mind-blowing. I have seen it only once...Months ago when it was in theaters. But let's get to the point here. The soundtrack is amazing. I found an app on my iPhone- Inception, the app. It uses the soundtrack of the movie (Hans Zimmer), and shapes it to your life. It uses the microphone on your phone headphones and the GPS. It takes your location/time/sound/surroundings and makes them into your 'dream world'. I'll be brutally honest-- It feels like you are tripping on some kind of drug. But then you realize it's music that's making you feel that way...Just the mere sound around you; it heightens your senses. Every step you take, you feel it. It's just really fascinating to me. That's the meaning of music to me. The kind that you can relate to makes you feel the most. You don't just hear the music, you feel it.

That's my rant for today. I love music. Thanks, Mrs. Stewart (circa Kindergarten through 6th grade) for helping to make it such a big part of my life. Kudos to teachers and their impact that they have on children......It lasts forever.

No comments: