Saturday, October 16, 2010

Coming together.

Well, it's better than coming undone, right?

I realize I haven't written an update on my life here in a while. I guess I was waiting for some conclusion to the endless chaos that had been taking place the last few weeks. After endless tears on the phone with people I didn't know, finally on Tuesday I get through to an adviser who issues me my license in a matter of one minute. Thank you, Jamie. You are the man. I start my job on October 25th, it is official.

But, what was the initial feeling I had once I know I have my license? Anxiety and fear. It's real. I'm taking this job, on a medicine floor which is not my first choice. What if I'm completely unhappy? I'm so nervous. But after a few phone calls to people that I love very much, I was reassured that everything is going to be okay. If it doesn't work out, well, I'll climb that mountain when/if I get there. Until then, I'm lucky I even have a job right now considering the economy.

The good news is, I passed my medication competency exam. Afterward, the nurse recruiter hands me a contract to sign saying I received the study guide. I hand it back to her unsigned.
Nurse Recruiter: Um, you have to sign this.
Me: I never received a study guide.
Nurse Recruiter: Are you serious?! We should have given you one when you accepted the job.
Me: Nope.
Nurse Recruiter: Well, good thing you passed!
Basically, I just winged the medication competency exam. Had no idea what was on it. Pretty much, I lucked out. CHYEAaaa.

Thanks, Jackson for coming October 28th. Can't wait to celebrate your birthday with you. Even though both of us will be pretty busy with work. But seriously, it was a nice surprise to get a phone call from someone so special telling me that he had just bought tickets to come to NYC for about 6 days. It will be lovely.

1 comment:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

That's great news Amy, happy so very happy for you.

Love you, still!