Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving in Utah/Colorado.

I am so blessed to have such amazing friends.

Thanksgiving Part One:  My Place!
Or as we liked to call it "Friendsgiving", happened last Sunday.
My roommate Liz and I hosted at our new-ish apartment.
We decided that we'd make it easy on ourselves and buy a pre-made Thanksgiving meal from Smith's.  Turns out it was all cold food...So, it was a delayed start but we had a wonderful time!
None of my friends showed up (still bitter about that), but any friend of Liz's is a friend of mine so we made the most of it.  
This is my roommate Liz, making her debut appearance on my blog.
It was our first Thanksgiving meal that we prepared and hosted.  We felt so grown up!

The whole crew minus Liz...From left to right, me (eyes closed), Noodle, John, Lacy, and Cassie (who stayed for 5 minutes).


Cassie, Liz and I....And John and Lacy's unplanned pose in the background!

We were so lucky to have a guy at our Friendsgiving to carve our turkey.  I don't think we would have stood a chance if it were just Liz and I.

Liz and her Best Friend Lacy.  She's a doll.

The majority of my meals this past week.  I'm not complaining one bit.



Thanksgiving Part Two:  Rifle, Colorado.
So i don't think I have ever talked about my good friend Kari on my blog.  She is one of the most amazing ladies I know.  I met her online through a military girlfriend/spouse support group (when I was dating a guy in the military in 2008) and we quickly became friends.  We've kept in touch since then through facebook.  She is married, has a husband just recently out of the military, and they have the most beautiful daughter named Piper.  I met Piper and Kari for the first time on my drive out to Utah this past summer.  After 4 years of hearing about her love story, I finally got to meet her husband Aaron this time!  I felt like I already knew him..He was probably creeped out, haha.

She was kind enough to let me spend the holiday with her little family.  I had such a wonderful time.  So many laughs and memories were made in such a short amount of time :)


That's Kari on the left.  In the middle is Katie, Kari's good friend.  We had a fun night.

My living quarters/own guesthouse for the stay, plus a goodie bag!  She spoiled me so much!!

I am seriously in love with Piper.  She is beautiful.
Sidenote:  Everyone always tells me spending a few days with babies is good birth control.  It just makes me that more excited to have a little one of my own in the distant future :)
 Piper and her best friend Pudge.  He is SUCH a big dog.  





Peace out, guys and girls.

1 comment:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

looks like fun! that turkey also looked very scrumptious haha