Friday, November 9, 2012

Almost too random.

Who am I?

I'm a big sister.
I'm a daughter.
I'm an aunt.
I'm a friend.
I'm a roommate.
I'm a nurse.
I'm a Penn State grad.
I'm a lifelong learner.
I'm a human being.
I'm alive.
I am happy.

I'm sitting home on a Friday night in my bed.
It's snowing outside.
I feel like hibernating because it's dark all the time now (daylight saving's time is terrible).


Updates on me (I know you're eager to know):
Not much.  Job hunt is going really, really slow.
My brother turned 18 on November 4th and I was so proud he voted for the first time.
Here is my conversation with him on his birthday:

Me: So what are you doing to celebrate for your birthday?
Matt: Gambling my life away. I won $2 on scratch offs.
Me: Do you feel old now?
Matt: Yeah, actually dad signed me up for the retirement home today. I think I have dementia. It happens to the best of us.

I absolutely love that sarcasm runs in the family.
My sister turned 22 on Halloween.
My niece Audrey is now 7lbs 10oz - HUGE .  Haha Just kidding on the huge part.

Cassie and I have been unemployment buddies.  Sadly, I have to say goodbye to her on Monday when she starts her new job.  She has kept me sane for so long!
We voted (Cassie did 2 minutes before the polling place closed).  And sadly our man didn't win.  BUT, I'm done with politics for a while.  It has taken it's toll on me to read people's statuses every day on Facebook.  All the arguments, yuck.


I'm planning on coming home for Christmas -  First time in two years that I'll be able to spend it with my family!  This makes me really happy.

This may or may not be the most random post ever.  Bam.

No comments: