Monday, November 21, 2011

Smiles

Can I just say that I am way excited to start working in the Progressive Care unit?

I never thought I would be working in a critical care/cardiac setting. It certainly has not ever been my first choice; It still isn't. But after learning the details of what I will be doing, I am looking forward to starting to be hands on and taking care of my patients. I'm going to take care of very sick people. Apparently, this floor is where all the action happens. It will be fast paced, just like my last job, but I will only have 3-4 patients. Do you remember how many I had in NYC? Sometimes up to 8!!! And my nurse manager is probably the coolest guy ever. He was the first one out of my other new orientees' clinical managers to show up and give me my schedule-- giving me Thanksgiving, Christmas, AND New Year's off.

Which brings me to the next topic-- I'm coming home :) December 15th-20th, mark it on your calendars. Jackson's coming with me. We are way excited-- Well, probably me more than him. I will make my family have a faux-christmas morning. I'm so looking forward to this.

And...I get to spend Thanksgiving with family! I happen to have an Aunt that lives in Nevada -- My mom's sister. It is conveniently 2 1/2 hours away from Salt Lake. The last time I've seen her/my cousins has been probably 15-18 years ago. This will be so much fun. They live on a ranch. Reunion time.

No comments: