Sunday, November 6, 2011

birthdays.

This past week = Blissful with a little bit of stress.

Last Monday (Halloween) I celebrated my sister Alison's birthday. She is 21 at last. I told Jackson he had to treat me good on Monday...It was a special day for me too, hello!! I became a sister! Do you know how sad that was to give up my 'only child' spot? For the most part (minus the scars on my hands) I have loved being a sister. And having a sister is lovely too.

Jackson is 28. His birthday was November 2nd. Two years to 30, and his second birthday that he has spent with me. I think it was a pretty special week. We ended it with brunch at Sundance, the Foundry Grill. Talk about fancy goodness.

My brother Matthew turned 17 on Friday. Do you know how bittersweet it is to see your little brother grow into an adult? I think it makes it even worse that he's almost 6 feet tall. I told him he isn't allowed to get older anymore. But...When he starts looking at colleges next fall, you know I'll be so excited and make him visit Penn State. Next year. Wow.


Between all the birthday madness, I have moved to Murray. For my east coasters, it's about 10 minutes to downtown Salt Lake City. I live with 3 girls and a dog whose name happens to be the same as my boyfriend's. And, I live in a HOUSE. Not an apartment, a house. I have to keep reminding myself that....I always accidentally say apartment. Oops.

I'm also a pro-gamer. Just kidding, but I purchased an XBox 360 today with a Kinect, and the game Dance Central. I found this gem at a Halloween party out here...I basically tore the house down with my dance moves. So this will keep me busy for a while...Dancing like a crazy person in a basement. Should be fun.

And work starts in one week. I didn't realize that until I looked at my calendar. What in the world?!

No comments: