Monday, October 3, 2011

Web Redemption.

Unfortunately this will not be a Tosh.0 post..Bonus points if you get the reference.

(Oh my..So I go into this planning to write a blog to redeem myself for writing that pathetic post last night, only to refer to a freaking TV show. The irony is too good for me to delete my first statement; I live for irony, even if it's foolish.)

I will not be writing about TV is what I'm saying.

On that note, I'm at my new favorite place for free internet -- Farewell Starbucks and the Provo Public Library. I've found the cutest coffee shop in all of Utah (maybe). I think I like it so much because it reminds me of liberal Ithaca. I may be politically conservative (actually conservative in a lot of ways), but I live for the accepting people of Ithaca, the laid back vibe that I get when I'm there. I could go on about how much I miss about Upstate New York, but back to the topic at hand.

This coffee shop is playing all of my favorite music. It has cozy couches, handmade jewelry for sale, board games to play, used books for $2.00.

I will also put out a little bit of controversy -- I just saw my first openly gay couple in Provo, Mormon capitol of the world. Maybe it's from living with a gay guy for a year, but it kind of melted my heart that amidst all of the criticism that they face here, they aren't scared to be who they want to be. It really does take guts.


I guess I miss the diversity that is in New York. At least I found a tiny piece of it at this cute little coffee place. It's called the Coffee Pod, incase any Provo-ans want to know.

No comments: