Saturday, October 22, 2011

I still love you, NYC

Just for tonight, I'm allowing myself to miss New York City.

I just found my last used Metro Card and got a little nostalgic.

No, I didn't have a flashy lifestyle, work at a top PR firm (Lauren, I love you!), or live my life based on Carrie from Sex and the City.

Believe it or not, life as a nurse in New York was not glamorous at all (except for the day I was interning when Amy Poehler had her baby..that's about it). I didn't take care of any gang members or see any gun shot wounds. Homeless people, though...That was my specialty.

But I did eat out every day at some delicious places, pay $1200 in rent a month and managed to live debt free in a City that makes that almost impossible. TAKE that, Occupy Wall Street...It CAN happen!!

I will leave you with two things:
1) I don't like looking at gas prices.
2) I want my bodega on the corner back-- the one that was open 24 hours a day, blizzard/hurricane or not and had a cat that I could pet.


Miss You, New York.

No comments: