Monday, February 21, 2011

I Stand.....With Controversy (Planned Parenthood)


I Stand With Planned Parenthood.

I do....I really do. I am LDS. I am not liberal by any means. I don't agree with abortion.

But, my experience with Planned Parenthood has been nothing but positive. And it has nothing to do with abortion.

It has to do with compassion. Kindness. Love. Empathy. And, the best nurses/nurse practitioners I have ever had contact with. I am a Registered Nurse...And my professional opinion is, I think that Planned Parenthood does not get the credit that it deserves because of its' liberal stance on abortion.

I take birth control not because of intercourse, but because it helps regulate my cycle (sorry for the TMI, but I had to). Blue Cross Blue Shield's Co-pay for my BC= $50. Planned Parenthood's= $12. I understand the government funds the discount. But hey, I am giving more than enough to the government for taxes, and the amount they want to take away is nothing compared to what I pay as it is. Why not use their resources?

Every time I've been to Planned Parenthood (since I was 15 years old), I've had a wonderful experience compared to that of a private OB-GYN Practice. At a private practice, I'm ungratefully greeted with overworked receptionists/RNs/Doctors that are seeing you because seeing you equals their paycheck. They are rude, they aren't understanding of financial circumstances, they aren't willing to call you and tell you if an opening is available. Instead, it's "Our wait is 3 months. Sorry."....My response, "But wait....I'm going to college in August (what if I were having active intercourse?) . "Can't I get at least 3 months of Birth Control until then?" and..."Sorry, no.". Alright then, Planned Parenthood it is. They get paid nearly not enough for the care that they give to every single patient.

As for the LDS perspective, I don't agree with abortion. But...I know many Mormons that use birth control when they get married, even before, for health reasons. Can we agree that gynecology practices for low-income patients (as well as people like me who make money) deserve respect and receive exceptional gynecological care?! Where are you heads at? Love one another...Don't cast judgment, that's Christ's job.

Sign the petition. I usually don't do this nonsense...But this is worth it. Click here and help fund/just sign a petition to keep the majority of what Planned Parenthood stands for--- STD screenings, contraceptives, cervical cancer testing, and sexual education. THIS IS A MAJORITY OF WHAT THEY STAND FOR. SET ASIDE ABORTION, AND PUT INTO FOCUS REAL LIFE.. Please.

/end rant of what I stand for.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Kinda weird that a male is responding, but this article you have written does bring up a very could point of health care cost variations among different individuals. It has been my experience with doctors in general that their care is earned rather than given, and in no way am I saying I want free healthcare but I would hope I could recieve it, in a timely caring manner. great post.