Friday, February 4, 2011

Truzzled.

It's February.
I just got home from work (my first night in over a week)...I'm attempting at relaxing.
Then, I hear the incessant honking of a tractor trailer's horn (counted at around 15 times) right outside of my window.

Well hello back to you, New York.

Last night- Long. The time change definitely hit me. If you didn't know, I was in Utah for the past 6 days. The last day was accidental- I got snowed-out. That means, New York was hit with snow, my flight was canceled, I got to spend an extra night in Utah and miss a night of work. It was a success.

Work is good when it snows for one thing and one thing only-- a "Snow Day". When we hear it's a "Snow Day" in the morning, all of us nurses (and all other employees) get excited. We try to get our work done extra early. Basically, we're like little kids waiting for the School Closings to show up on television. Why? Free breakfast. Glorious breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, grits, all kinds of bread, bagels, orange juice (Tropicana)....And did I mention it's free? That's the only good thing about a snow day.

The last snow day I was nervous about missing my flight to go out to Utah. I made it out no problem. I had a wonderful time...I ate lots of food, jumped on lots of trampolines, relaxed and spent time with a very cute guy that is nerdy like me, which I love.

Short Blips....A patient that I really came to love died, and it upset me very much. Thankfully, I know (have a pretty good, good feeling) that there is life after death and more than anyone, he deserves such a beautiful after-life, which I know he will receive. He was the first patient that I have really cried over.
I just watched a movie, "Mary and Max". 1) It is a great clay-mation movie that really captures the feel of mental illness. It's inspiring and depressing. 2) It has been decided that Toni Collette is not only my favorite actress, but my favorite "voice" character.

Anyway, I've told about as much as I can tell. For now. Until then....



No comments: