Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Randomness

True fact: While I watch any movie on Netflix, I am pondering about how many stars to give the movie.
Next related fact: I like to give Indie movies a chance. Most indie movies (besides Napoleon Dynamite) don't get the recognition they deserve. During some, I yawn. But there are some that I loved and will forever remember.
City Island is a great one. It's funny, it has its' real moments. I love movies like that. So real you feel like you're there watching the actors right in front of you, without a screen to separate you.
Last night, I watched the movie Timer. It was a little quirky chick flick with a kind of weird, stupid concept....But I absolutely loved it. It had a lot to do with the soundtrack. I think it also had to do with the amazing soundtrack. Sufjan Stevens, Meiko, Iron&Wine, Katie Herzig? Timer, your soundtrack had me at hello. It also maybe had a little bit to do with Desmond Harrington being in it. Ayayay.

Desmond Harrington is also on Dexter..His character is not my favorite. Of course, I have a celebrity crush on Michael C. Hall as well. A serial killer has never looked so good. Just....Yes.
Jackson, if you read this...I still think you're cuter than all of the above. You win.

On my days off, I sleep and watch Dexter. I only leave the apartment to get food. Yesterday, my day off went like this: Home at 9am, sleep at 12pm, wake up at 12am. Watch Dexter until 7:40am. Go back to sleep until 4pm today. Sit in my pajamas and watch Dexter. Go to McDonald's around the block at 7pm. I've been home by myself for the past week and a half. Thanks, Kevin. Not happy about that right now, especially since our apartment is in shambles. I try to be understanding, but ughhh.

Anyway. I've realized that I am not taking advantage anymore of living in the City. I was looking at my friend's pictures of her being a tourist, fascinated by the bright lights and the City that Never sleeps in all of it's glory. The City that never sleeps? Pshhh I am the exception. I feel like I've seen all there is to see. Lauren and I tackled all of it in our 3 month Summer of 2009. The only part of New York that I take advantage of anymore are its' restaurants. All of them, locally owned, the majority of them yummy...There are about 350 just in my small neighborhood, Murray Hill.
I avoid Times Square at all costs, even though people dream of going there. I dread taking the 9am 15 minute commute back to my apartment in a packed subway. In NO other place do you get so intimately close to your fellow neighbors than on the subway. I have never felt so close to strangers before than on the MTA's packed trains. I don't even think Broadway is impressive anymore.
Not complaining, but I don't really have any friends here. One I've lost touch with since we graduated college (even before that, our friendship sucked), and don't plan on reuniting with. Kevin is basically the only friend I have here. Maybe that's why I don't get out so much.

Who wants to move to New York to be my friend and get me out of this apartment? I'll be taking applications asap.

TIME for another New York City blizzard. 8-12 inches. I NEED BOOTS.

Bye for now!

No comments: