Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Update Intro.

Heads up: I wrote this about 3 weeks ago...I think.

I woke up this morning thinking about my blog.
It's been nearly a three month hiatus.
It's time to update!
(Fun fact: at that time, I saw an anonymous person commented on my blog saying they wish I'd update again.  Well, Anonymous...Today's your lucky day.)
A lot has happened in three months.
Two and a half of those months have comprised of me adjusting to being a dog mom.
I love it, and Taz does too.  I call it Taz's "retirement" phase of life.  He's almost nine, and in dog years that's AARP-worthy.  



Taz started out his retirement by a cross-country trip to from New York to Utah, followed by lots of hiking in the mountains.  He's discovered a love for dog parks.  He has also discovered that water is okay to casually wade through.  I think he's also discovered he's a dog...He has made a couple of dog friends, finally!  


He has even hiked Nevada..How many of you have hiked in Nevada?  This is one lucky dog, living it up!
      
 (At this time, he also rolled around in cow manure out of excitement..I hope none of you have done that)

I'm lucky to have extended family live just a two and a half hour drive away, and that they live in such a beautiful part of this country.  Yes, Nevada can be beautiful!  No, it's nowhere near Las Vegas.  I stay away from Las Vegas like it's the plague.



I'm just pretty lucky is all...
Except when I sliced my finger open with my brand new chopping knife and landed myself in the emergency room with 5 stitches.  My bad.


No comments: