Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dreams, and Dogs.

I love my dreams.
Since my skiing helmet came in the mail about one month ago (it's seriously been that long!!) I dream about skiing all the time.  My dreams involve me doing crazy Olympian things.  I also have many dreams where I am skiing in deep, deep powder.  So deep that it goes up to my neck and I end up nearly buried, stuck under the snow..But I don't mind, because it's powder.  I think I very may well have caught the "powder flu".  
Last night, I dreamed of Icees (the best slushies ever) and chugging cherry coke.  I wish that was real life.

So last week, I turned down this crazy, amazing opportunity to go to Thailand.  I got as far as buying the plane ticket, and then turned it down last second because I didn't want to get in trouble with work (I would have had to call in sick four times in a row, which is one time too many).  Reflecting on that, I realized I must really love my job.  And the verdict is in.  I really, really do love it.  I love the kids.  A lot of the time it's hard to muster up the energy to go to work.  But it really is so rewarding.  So rewarding that I wouldn't risk a runaway trip to Thailand for fear of losing it.

Also.  By the end of next week, I should have a dog living with me, permanently.  His name is Taz.  I'm sure you know him...As I have so affectionately referred to him as my boyfriend for the past few years.  He loved me so much, he decided to hitch a ride across the country for me.  That's true love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you'd update again. I miss hearing about your job and your adventures