Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Glimmers of Hope.

I feel like the past couple of months have taken their toll on me when it comes to my job.
I love it, but sometimes it hurts my heart a lot.
The love I have for these patients and their families is so big, so naturally when these patients I have come to know and love just can't fight anymore, it is heartbreaking.
As a nurse, you become these kiddos' biggest cheerleaders in life next to their family.
It sucks.  Plain and simple.

There are glimmers of hope.
Like for instance, today a cute kid who I hadn't seen in a few months walked into our unit...With the most beautiful  re-grown blonde hair and those same smiling eyes of his.  We all yelled "Spiderman!" as he walked in (a superhero nickname for a superhero kid).  He immediately retorted with "It's NINJA BOY now!!"   
I hope he always knows he can be whatever he wants to be, as long as he loves it.

So tonight I sit here, reflecting on these last few months and hoping I can always find the little glimmers of hope to get me through.






(INSERT picture of me dressed up in a Spiderman mask with my patient...It happened, and is somewhere out there on the world wide web.)

No comments: