Friday, February 12, 2016

A Best Friend and Peace Tonight

Apparently, a Friday night is the ideal night for me to reflect.
I'm on the couch lying next to my snoring, 10-year old vizsla....I started a Lifetime movie and quickly abandoned it.  I have been so bad the past couple of years with actually being able to sit through an entire movie.  I feel like my patience is so challenged by watching a movie.  And going to the movie theaters....If you know me well enough, forget it.  The movie theater terrifies me in an unusually justified way.

That was a real tangent.  I think the point of the tangent was...Is this really what I do on a Friday night? Yes.  The ritual of putting on my pajamas, snuggling up next to my dog, and just relaxing is my ideal Friday night.  This surely means I must be getting old.

The past few weeks have been a roller coaster, I feel.  And contrary to popular belief, roller coasters are not fun 100% of the time.  They're unpredictable, bumpy at times, and there's occasionally that little bit of hope that it'll all be over soon and that pit in your stomach will go away.

But overall, I've been "me".  I've been listening to music that makes me happy.
I've been meditating - which is weird and so awkward for me, the girl who can't sit still for a movie, but it is something I'm trying to force my mind to adapt to.
My mind?  Being mindful, restful, and relaxed?  No way.
 Yeah, it's not that way at all right now.  But I hope that someday it will be.


I believe firmly that there is some kind of synchronicity that makes this crazy, roller coaster-esque world go 'round.  It can be really horrible, bittersweet sometimes.  But at the same time, life happens the way it's supposed to. Whether we like it or not.

For instance:




This is my best friend (in school) Nichole and I. We have been through a lot together ... We beat Pokemon on gameboy together, got our hair braided together, hung at the beach in Jamaica, we also volunteered at the public library in high school.

Next week, Nichole and I are spending time together and having a girl's weekend that involves staying at a crazy Airbnb, drinking beer, listening to bluegrass, mountains, and hopefully skiing. It's been so long since we have spent a weekend together. I am so stoked. Yes, life sucks sometimes... But then the timing works so that you get to spend some quality time with your very, very best friend, and it passes. Life goes on, and life goes on with people who mean the most, and those you love the most.



On that note, my favorite band came out with a new song today.  I highly recommend it. It's magical.

I wish you well.

http://youtu.be/bxmei0F7Vms

She lives above the motor line,
She's staring out those deep brown pearly eyes...

She'll cast your spell she'll hold you well,
Do you remember, well? Do you remember well, do you remember well?

And she calls the circle.  And she sets the tone
And she lights the candles that burn on.

Staring out on towards the sun,
She says what new day has come.
What a thing to have a star,
A wishing well,
I wish you well, I wish you well.

And she thanks the sky. And she walks the earth, and the tears that fall they're beautiful.

And she says my people, and she says my tribe. And she says , all good lovers- peace tonight.
To the broken hearted , to the burdened too, to everyone, peace tonight.

Peace tonight.







No comments: