Saturday, January 30, 2016

Things I Have Learned in 2015.

Hi.

I realize I haven't posted in well over a year and a half.
That's okay, though.  And there's no day like today to start over again, right?

Over the last year and a half, I learned so much more about myself.
And that's all that matters.....Right?

I learned to love in an unhealthy way.  That was sad, but at least now I can say I did it and be done with that chapter.


I love Elephant Revival.



I learned that I love bluegrass - to the point that it just resonates in my soul.  It even resonates in the freezing cold......




I learned that I truly love camping.  I learned that I can pitch a tent all by myself.  I learned that I am probably the best 'camp' cook around - that is, if there is a stove available. 
 I've learned that showering is overrated - In Telluride, I lived for 4+ days without a shower or a conventional bathroom - port-a-potties for the win.


Speaking of Telluride, I experienced heaven on earth in June of 2015.  In case you are wondering, Heaven on earth is located in Telluride, Colorado.  My breath was taken away to a trance it never has been in as I was driving into Telluride.  First of all, we were stuck in traffic so it was easy to lose my breath out of impatience - But the scenery, and a few cars in front of me a couple doing yoga in the stand-still highway traffic, all of that was just beautiful to me.  More like breathtaking rather than out-of-breath.  Words cannot describe the peace and happiness I felt in that town.  And the music?  It's just my happy place.  I can't even explain it.  You absolutely cannot frown when you're listening to Leftover Salmon, The Punch Brothers, Yonder Mountain String Band, Greensky Bluegrass, Trampled By Turtles, Sam Bush Band, etc etc.  I have decided that although there has got to be more to it, bluegrass is a key to exaltation in life.  


I learned that my family is wonderful - And no matter how near or far, they will always be my 'rock' as a whole.  My sister is my best friend and knows me better than I know myself.  She also is my biggest fan, and roots for me when I'm up and keeps me motivated when I am down.  

I learned that most friends are temporary - and that hurts. But I think that the best friends are the ones who may get frustrated with you, but won't give up on you - no matter what.  Friends are people who can understand you're in a crisis.  Friends love you unconditionally.  Unfortunately, there aren't many of them.

I have learned that dogs can become your best friends forever -  Even if they are an ex-boyfriend's, or a puppy that you helped grow for a few weeks -  They are forever.  Those dogs will always be part of the "loves of my life" category.





I will always be Mom for Cooper...I love that pup more than life.
14ers man....


I have learned that being 14,000+ above sea level is a hard-earned honor.



I learned mostly that things you wish could stay gold.....


Well, they don't.

"But just as the moon it shines straight,

So dawn goes down today
No gold can stay"


 "But there is only forward, no other way

Tomorrow was your hope at the end of the day
And gold turns gray."







No comments: