Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Humble Like Dreams.

Anyone who knows me knows that I read, a lot.  I recently finished two wonderful 1000+ page books, 'Pillars of the Earth' and its' sequel 'World Without End'.  They were delightful.

Last night, I picked up a book I've been putting off reading- mainly because I don't want to be disappointed; I have read some amazing books lately.  However, 64 pages in I came across this quote.  And for some reason, I can't shake it.  I've read it about a million times.

"Words and emotions are simply currencies.  If we inflate them, they lose their value, just like money.  They begin to mean nothing.  Use 'beautiful' to describe a sandwich and the word means nothing.  Since the war, there is no more room for inflated language.  Words and feelings are small now- clear and precise. Humble like dreams."
-'Beautiful Ruins', by Jess Walter

That's all for now.

No comments: