Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fall is Coming.

So, since I last left off here, it has become September, which I still refuse to believe...I'm in denial, I am.
Summer is almost over.
It will be 80-90 degrees on average for another month(-ish) here in Salt Lake - and for the first time, I will not complain about this.  I will attempt to cherish every minute before I take out those pesky winter clothes.

In the past 3 weeks, I have visited Upstate NY (home)...
Most wonderful trip.  Ever.  I love my little-big niece.
And I have moved again.  Not a crazy move, just a few miles away to a condo in a cute neighborhood right outside of Salt Lake - But a move is a move.  It's frustrating, busy, and overwhelming.  I am just settling in to my new condo as I type.  Or am I procrastinating on unpacking?   Verdict is still out.
Fun little fact about my condo:  We have a private sauna on our patio.  Like, you walk out to our private patio and there is a sauna.  It's the silliest thing.  I wonder if we will ever use it.


I've developed a huge love for hiking and try to go at least once a week.  My plan is to keep doing this until it's too cold.  The last hike I did, Desolation Trail was absolutely stunning.  And it wasn't torture, either.  It was just perfect for my skill level.  
This is not from Desolation Trail, but a hike called "The Living Room".   Very, very hot that day.
Occasionally I come home from work smiling so big.  It is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, everyone...And how I wish I could share some of the stories I have from these past 8 months.  Let's just say, hugs from brave bald kids make my heart so happy.

Currently reading:  Ken Follett anything.  Well, I'm really only on the second book I've read of his considering they are 1000+ pages each.  He just makes me want to go back in time and live with these characters.  To start, I recommend you read Pillars of the Earth.  It's a life-changer...You'll be wanting to read solely historical fiction in no time.
Audrey approves of books.  All books.
Currently listening to: Lorde.  She is a 16 year old girl from New Zealand who rocks it Lana Del Rey style, except more badass...And she is way cute.  Not as cute as my niece, though.



No comments: