Saturday, August 25, 2012

Small Utah update.

For those who haven't seen it yet on facebook, I am moving back to Utah.

Small reminder/preface to all:

(minus the "I didn't cry at the Doctor's part).


I had all freaking summer to think about this.  Literally, you have no idea how insane I was getting from cabin fever.  I toyed with ideas in my head about going to DC, Hershey, Virginia, etc etc...But my heart kept going back to Utah.  Not because of a boy or something stupid like that (a mistake which I have made before).  
But because, I was too stubborn to say it before but I fell in love with Salt Lake after all was said and done.  I was supposed to move back to NY mid-April and I waited until June procrastinating and having the time of my life.

You know what draws me to Salt Lake?  
-It's a city that's small enough that you could memorize every building if you wanted to.  
a) it's cheap living.
b) there is stuff to do.
-Friends.  Lovely, lovely friends.
-So much food packed into one little city.
-Being able to walk around everywhere.
-My aunt and family live 3 short hours away at an amazing ranch!
&
It makes me happy! And I want to be happy!!!

One thing I've learned this summer:  I need to look out for myself.  Me, myself and I.  I'm at that point in life where I need to remind myself of that continually.

Let's be honest, it's been a great "summer break".  I never thought I could have said that at the age of 24!!  I am so lucky that I was able to pull that off without any worries financially.  I am so blessed, you have no idea.  I am blessed with a welcoming family who loves me.  I am blessed with New York in general, my home state, where my heart will forever be.

It goes without saying that I will miss these moments, family moments I will forever cherish...Especially at the Lake:

Thankfully I have a little brother to help me through the "hard stuff".

My little brother and my best friend Taz.  I will miss them so much.

Regardless, I am so thankful for my family, this summer and the future.  I know it is a shocking decision to some, but my heart is really in it.  Trust me!

No comments: