Tuesday, July 26, 2011

For the Beauty of the earth.



I'm at the lake with my dad. Nothingness, water, sun, boat for 7 days. Literally just what I've been needing for so long.

This will be short, and a list since listing thoughts are easy(-ier?).

Things I love (right now):

1) Reading...reading has accounted for about 95% of my vacation thus far. 'The Alchemist' was the most recent one. Beautiful, I highlighted basically 3/4 of the book, and to know that it was published in 1988 made it all the more better. Also, goodreads. Also, my kindle.

2) Water and having the ability to jump in any time I want, especially in this high heat.

3) I'm getting out of my lease/moving (where? to be continued...). There are many complications, but in Billy Joel's words, "I'm Moving Out".

4) my iPhone, for helping us get back to the cottage after a late night boat ride and forgetting where exactly the cottage was located. My dad even expressed his thankfulness for it.

5) Sea glass and sea shells with beautiful and mysterious paintings on the back, found at the shore. I'm collecting sea glass. What will I do with it? I'm not sure yet. Suggestions are welcomed.


6) Barbecues. Yum.

7) This beautiful cottage. So cutely decorated, it's almost 90 years old. Such a gem. I want to own a little cute place like this to retire in someday.

8) I guess my favorite word is beautiful. But that's what life is...



Never have I ever been reduced to tears while looking at a sun setting (that's probably a lie, but I can't remember). But I did the other night while on the boat. A hymn came to my mind, which has been rare as of late. "For the Beauty of the Earth"...

For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies....

Well, I'll end with that. I think it sums up how I'm feeling right now.
Oh, and I'm thankful for my dad for giving me a great vacation. Thanks, dad!