Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Something about this place...

Life has been a roller coaster lately.

Work has been filled with crazy experiences that I would NEVER have gotten anywhere else but
a) on a Med/Surg floor
and
b) in New York City.
I cannot help but laugh maniacally at the end of a 3 day weekend...Filled with stuff which I cannot say. But I laugh. If you don't laugh, you won't make it. I see everything. I see life, death, recovery, the bad, the good...I meet family members that I form a bond with, and patients that I will never forget. They will forever have my love. They have touched my heart in ways that I cannot explain.
Back in the day...I swore that I would NEVER work on a med/surg floor. Now, I truly KNOW that it has helped me learn so much about nursing and life in general.
I've seen and listened to the first breath of a child coming into the world.
I have held the hand of someone on the brink of death.
Amazing.
Enough with this nursing rant.


My curly hair is frizzing to the max.
This means the heat is coming.
80 degrees....My body was in shock coming home from work tonight.
This means summer is coming....Please let this lead to a beach.
I need escape. Vacation. Beauty that involves nature and not sky scrapers.

New Lady Gaga CD came out.
Want to know how lazy I am?
I'm in love with her....She was 20 blocks from my apartment last night in Union Square. Did I go to the CD signing?
No....I didn't want to deal with those overrated crowds.
//hipster.

I've been emo lately. "Something's Missing" by John Mayer playing and replaying in my head constantly.

But I'd like to thank my blog, for letting me remember that even though I feel like there is so much bad, I have so much happiness I should be cherishing.

No comments: