Monday, February 1, 2010

feelings.

I think it's funny that I'm sitting here at the library, my last semester of my college career. Let's hope this lasts throughout the semester.
But I feel like it will. I feel like something in me knows that it's almost all over, and I have a drive. I have a focus. I want to do well and I want to end my 4 years at Penn State with a bang.

I'm currently doing a rotation at a psychiatric hospital. It's one of the most painful things to have to experience. While I was there, there was a lockdown because a woman was at risk for self-harm. I witnessed her anguish of being restrained due to her diluted sense of reality. It was heartbreaking. She was 60, had a hysterectomy yet thought she was pregnant and people were trying to hurt her baby. Imagine feeling that way. To her, that is reality. It's real what she's feeling. It hurts her heart so much. She loves and wants to protect something that does not exist, but to her it's more than real. Hurts my heart.

Well, no news is good news right? I don't really have much to report. Some little things are happening, but when or if these things turn big, you (1, possibly 2) readers will be the first to know.

No comments: