Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy...Easter?

Happy Easter.
I'll tell you a little bit about my Easter celebration.
It started out in a hospital from 8am-8:30pm. I'm officially on the day shift. I see daylight. I sat outside and basked in the overcast sunlight. It was lovely and my patients were angels. Tomorrow I'll probably be preaching a different story.

The night ended with me wanting to treat myself with a nice Easter dinner...But then I realized that no places were open since it is Easter Sunday.
I cave and go to a deli, where I tell the man to surprise me. He gives me a tuna sandwich on a kaiser roll with roasted peppers (which actually complements tuna wonderfully). What a great surprise. Thanks, deli guy.
I then continue on my stroll home in the pouring rain with no umbrella, and decide I'm too hungry to wait and that I don't want to eat in my bed like I usually do. So I walk and eat my tuna fish sandwich. I thought about how very few people can say that they celebrated their Easter by walking in the pouring rain eating a deli sandwich by themselves. I laughed at myself.
Laughing is a good remedy to loneliness sometimes.

I know I talk about my Kindle like every blog post, but it's a good topic starter/something to find in common with people you feel awkward around. Who knew that my coworker was a closet-reader who read the same stuff I do? Love awkward moments waiting for the subway.

Do mice like chocolate? This is a question I've wanted to look up on Yahoo! Answers but have been too embarrassed to. Especially since my Easter basket is sitting in the living room.

I just took a shower...And didn't wash my hair. I still put it up in a towel, and just realized that that was not necessary at all.

These are random-isms of an extremely tired nurse.

No comments: