Sunday, April 18, 2010

Is it weird....


That I still sleep with my teddy bear?
I'm 22 years old.
My teddy bear was mine before I was born. He was a baby shower present from my grandma's best friend (whom I recently confessed to that I still sleep with him every night...She laughed. I don't think she believed me).
When I was little, he was my 'security blanket'. I took him everywhere, absolutely everywhere.

In fact, you can't see it in the back...But I was probably about 4-5 years old when this picture was taken...At Niagra Falls. He was a part of the family photos...Cropped out is my little sister and dad. I have this photo because one day when I was about 8, I thought Teddy was kidnapped. I put this photo up on my door with a sign declaring him missing, to see if he'd come home. Well, he was under my bed and I found him later that day...But still. I loved him so much. I still love him.
I'm not crazy....I don't take him to sleepovers, and I can sleep when he's not around. But when I'm alone in my bed in the comfort of my own home/apartment, there's nothing more comfortable than my teddy bear.




Places he has been with me: Canada, Jamaica, California, Mexico, Aruba, all of Italy, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Cayman Islands, etc. My teddy is probably more well-traveled than a lot of people.

Anyway...This is something that is maybe taboo, but is near and dear to my heart. I know someday, when I'm married I will most definitely not be sleeping with a teddy bear...But for now, he's all I have. I love him a lot.

No comments: