Monday, March 29, 2010

Tiny Update.

As a lot of people may know, Amy has been busy lately.
See post below....Know that Kevin W. Elliott is my best friend in the whole wide world. I can tell him everything (things 100% of people would NEVER want to know) and he thinks it's beautiful.
I took a 6 day hiatus off of school because I wanted to spend time with him. I gained an extra family, and albeit tragic circumstances, enjoyed time with people whom I now love and respect very much. I learned that the Marine Corps. is a respectable group and can be a second family to those who lose their loved ones. I think all of us had a lot of fun reminiscing and celebrating the life of Tommy. I learned that it's okay. It's okay to celebrate in the face of loss. It's okay to make new friends and to have a great yet very sad weekend in honor of a loved one.

I also lost my dog Buster. He was 18 years old. I picked him out when I was 4. I watched him go...I watched him being injected with some pink stuff that took away his suffering and pain. I held his head and pet him while he was dying. I really will miss him. He's been in my life for so long; Longer than my brother has (not to say my brother doesn't hold the utmost importance in my life, but still).

Anyway, that's a sad tiny update on me. I'm thankful for my best friends in the whole world, and I'm thankful for my family. One thing I ask is that you all pray I get through the last month of this semester. I'm really doubting myself at this point.

Love you all...... www.amymarissa.tumblr.com

2 comments:

Lauren said...

You'll make it!!!! I know you will :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, just saw your post in passing. I lost my dog last October when I was away fora few months on business. I'm 20 years old, I picked my Chloe out when I was two. She was eighteen as well. I couldn't be there to say goodbye. Be grateful you were blessed with that opportunity..

Light and love,
Alyssa